PERFECT FOR YOUR FIRST FAMILY CANAL CRUISE
If you are looking for an easy break to see if canal holidays are for you, Going Potty is a great choice. You get the contrast of the industrial Potteries and jaw-droppingly lovely countryside, plus you can plan in some fantastic stops and attractions along the way.
YOUR ADVENTURE STARTS WITH A FREE COACHING SESSION
And before you head off, we’ll give you and the family a free British Marine Federation accredited coaching session.
We’ll walk you through the controls on the boat. Show you how to steer and stop. How to cruise safely. How to operate locks and swing bridges and navigate tunnels.
You won’t leave until you’re a wiz on the narrowboat. Ready and raring to discover a new destination every day.
WE’LL SEND YOU AN EXCLUSIVE ROUTE PLAN FROM OUR TEAM
Our teams know every route like the back of their hand. So when you book, we’ll send you exclusive cruising notes for your holiday, with ideas for each day’s travel, where to stop, how many locks and how long you’ll need to cruise.
Your suggested itinerary is a great base for planning your trip. You can tailor days to suit your family, to create your exclusive adventure.
YOUR HOLIDAY INCLUDES
- Lifejackets for children and adults
- All your linen and kitchen equipment
- Mobile WIFI (enough to keep you connected, but not for streaming)
- A coaching session before you set off
- A family-friendly route plan with advice on stops each day and night
- The Towpath Activity Guide from family adventurer David Mellor