EXPLORE WORCESTERSHIRE ONBOARD A BLACK PRINCE BOAT
One of our guests’ favourite – a canal boat holiday in Worcestershire which takes you straight to the heartland of historic England. It’s a region that offers a wealth of history and variety on the waterways, from scenic English countryside to bustling towns and cities, with River Severn boat hire being a particularly popular pastime.
From our Worcester hire base, you can choose to gently cruise along relaxing routes such as the Grand Union Canal, Worcester and Birmingham Canal, taking life at a leisurely pace or you can head towards historic towns and learn more about the industrial heritage of the waterways.
TOP ATTRACTIONS IN WORCESTERSHIRE
There are many attractions to visit from our Worcester canal boat hire base – just remember that you will need to build in time to your canal boat holiday to stop off. You may need longer than just a 3 or 4 night weekend or midweek break if you want to take time out from cruising to visit the attractions, so we would recommend a week’s cruise or longer.
- Along the Worcester and Birmingham Canal, you can stop off at Worcester Marina and Worcester City and visit the impressive cathedral, Royal Worcester factory shops, and the Tudor House museum.
- Stourport Canal Basin – brilliant for boat fanatics, you’ll find narrowboats and yachts against a backdrop of historic Georgian warehouses. Take time to visit the Heritage Room which offers guided tours.
- The River Severn – a picturesque river, easy to cruise, easy to access on holidays in Worcester from the Worcester hire base.
- Kinver Edge – a high sandstone ridge and hill fort overlooking dramatic red sandstone rock houses located close to the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal.
- Tardebigge Flight – the longest flight of locks in the UK on the Worcester and Birmingham Canal overlooking the beautiful Worcestershire countryside.
- Droitwich Ring – this pretty canal holiday short break is easily reached from our Worcester base at Stoke Prior and is perfect for a midweek or weekend break.
- Call in at Stratford-Upon-Avon during canal boat holidays in Worcester and visit Shakespeare’s Theatre, Mary Arden’s House.
- Birmingham is a bustling city with the Bullring shopping centre, Gas Street Basin, and Botanical Gardens. You can cruise along the Worcester and Birmingham Canal on your boat holiday to the heart of this city.
- One of our favourites is Cadbury World, located alongside the Worcester and Birmingham Canal. Enjoy a tasty tour around this world-famous chocolate factory.
- Warwick & Leamington Spa are historic towns on the edge of the waterways, your holiday from Worcester makes these easy nearby attractions to visit on your boat holiday.
- Warwick Castle is a fun interactive tourist attraction with a great range of entertainment, from live actor experiences to bird shows, archery displays and jousting.