You’ll find that our canal boats come well equipped with lots of useful items in the kitchen, bed linen and towels (you can find an inventory on our boat page) but here is a handy list of things to take with you on your narrowboat holiday.
- Soft bags instead of suitcases!
- Mobile phone and 12v or 240v charger
- Torch/es for darkened towpath in evening
- Trainers / non-slip, rubber-soled shoes
- Raincoat & Golfing Umbrella (just in case)
- 2 or 3 Long-sleeved Tops (wind factor)
- Jeans / Shorts / Comfortable Trousers
- Baseball Cap or Hat – to shield sunlight or to keep your ears warm
- Games e.g. Monopoly, Cards, etc.
- Map Book for the Canal
- Air Freshener Spray for the loo
- Bread & Butter, Snacks, Drinks & Breakfast Items (N.B. fridge may be reasonably small)
- Dried or Tinned Foods where possible, as they are much easier to store.
- Boxed Wine rather than bottles.
- Coffee, Tea, Sugar, Salt, Pepper, Cooking Oil, Sauces, Foil, Cling Film, etc.
- Sunglasses & Sun Cream (you d be surprised)
- Some extra Loo Rolls (just in case)
- Gloves (good for working locks)
- Bottled water (if preferred to the fresh water provided on the boat)
- Camera / video camera
- Soap / Shower Gel / Shampoo /
- Conditioner, etc.
- Toothpaste + Brushes.
- Hand Cream
- Any Personal Medications / Reading Glasses, etc.
- Carrier Bags and Bin-liners (various uses)
- Slippers or Warm Socks (as floors are under water level)
- Remember to request any Extra Pillows, etc.
- For Pets: Beds, food, bowls, leads & collars, towels, brush, old blankets,
- doggie buoyancy aids if needed.
- Name, address & telephone number for the Boat Yard
Remember to take a sense of humour! 🙂
WHERE WILL YOU START?
Take a look at our LOCATIONS page to start planning your narrowboat holiday.
Or if you would like help planning your adventure then call on +44 (0)1527 575 115 and a Black Prince team member will be happy to help!