Pet Friendly Holiday Accommodation with Black Prince Narrowboats
If you’re looking for a dog friendly holiday then Black Prince offer pet-friendly boats at all our 8 bases across the UK. The intention to bring your pets should be clearly stated at the time of booking.
It’s a great holiday to discover stunning new areas of the UK with your pets in tow. The diversity of waterways means that you have an endless new amount of dog-walking routes to discover in plenty of dog-friendly areas. Your pet will have a new tow-path to sniff out every day, and you’ll have a great variety of scenery – you won’t be stuck with the same dog walking route you may have during your normal day! Plus, because our boats travel at only 4mph it’s not difficult to keep up if you and your dog feel like stretching your legs whilst the boat is moving.
Of course, it’s not all constant exercise. Once your pet is happily tired, you can sit and relax on the boat, navigating your way along the canal ways, whilst your pet enjoys the scenery.
All our boats are pet friendly, find out more about our dog friendly accommodation
Top Tips for Dog Friendly Holidays
- Remember to take all your normal equipment – dog bed, leads and poop bags etc. The canal paths do have poop bins at the main stopping points. It’s a good idea to take a spare lead in case you lose one overboard.
- Take a spare towel for the dog in case he accidentally takes a dip.
- You may want to consider a dog life jacket. Jackets with handles on the top are especially good for hauling the dog back on board just in case he falls in. Canal banks can be steep and difficult for dogs to climb out of.
- Allow your pets to fully explore the narrowboat when you first arrive so he can get used to his new home, but we ask that you do please keep your pets off the furniture and bedding.
- Be aware that the waterways are teeming with wildlife
– young dogs may be tempted to jump and chase!
- Don’t let your dog drink the river or canal water. Ensure that you have clean drinking water available at all times onboard and on shore when you moor up.
- Put your dog on his lead when entering locks and mooring for their own safety.
Choose your holiday destination
- Dog Friendly Holidays in the Peak District
- Dog Friendly Holidays in Worcestershire
- Dog Friendly Holidays in Wales
- Dog Friendly Holidays in Cheshire
- Dog Friendly Holidays in Cambridgeshire
- Dog Friendly Holidays in Northamptonshire
- Dog Friendly Holidays in London
- Dog Friendly Holidays in Scotland
How to book your Dog Friendly Holiday
You can book online by using the Holiday Search box or call us on 01527 575115. If you have any questions about taking your pets, please don’t hesitate to call or email us at email@example.com